Thursday 9 December 2010

Civil Unrest


I have to say I was a little surprised that the inflation of University fees to a bank fucking £9,000 did actually happen today. Certainly ain't Keynesian economics. Labour's 'every dumb kid should get a chance at further education' sure lasted what, 8 years? I'm also gonna jump right in there and point out the probability a new educational hierarchy - polytechnics now reach the range of 'just affordable' while Russel group universities will be able to charge crazy amounts of money to posh kids.  
I think, as a student, I am probably completely justified in hating the government at the moment. To be honest I'm not totally in disagreement with the student finance reforms, it's more that they have taken the opportunity to portray us once again as a blundering bunch of mindless fire-starting delinquents.